Originally, I had a blog developed with GatsbyJS and Contentful for multilingual. This one is functional and pretty fast but I'm not a fan of the way GatsbyJS/React works and its structure.
I'll do an article soon about these reasons.
Which brings us to today's topic How to deploy WinterCMS on Caprover.
I chose WinterCMS and Caprover because of the open-source and highly customizable nature of the two.
Here is how I did it:
- I took a VPS from Hetzner Cloud, one of the best services in terms of quality/price
- Then I followed the Getting Started from Caprover: https://caprover.com/docs/get-started.html, very simple: few steps and the documentation is very clear.
- I wrote a
Dockerfileto deploy the project on my Caprover instance: https://gist.github.com/LouisBertin/8f0fcb248d62f3e17960aee447736344
- Created the project on Caprover, then deploy it with the command
- That's it! Your site is online! For the rest, I imported my local database and the site was functional.
- You can use this script to make backups of your volumes: https://github.com/caprover/caprover/blob/master/dev-scripts/backup-vols.sh, and send them to the cloud with Rclone for example